Sunday, December 16, 2007

Let me just say right off the bat that my delinquency has nothing to do with daddy abandoning his family for his job. The fact that I see him maybe an hour a day and one day on weekends is entirely irrelevant to the lack of blog posts. I'm not going to lay this at daddy's feet this time, no sirree.

Instead, let me tell you the real reasons why I've had better things to do than post pictures and witty banter for my adoring fans. First off, Evie and I have been doing spa day at least a few times a week. That takes up lots of time:

This water is naturally heated (by our hot water system), with therapeutic powers derived from the little fizzy tablets that turn the water blue. (No yellow tablets necessary-- zing!)

Then there was Halloween. Anyone who knows mommy knows that this can be a very time-consuming thing in our house. First there was the costume. I was going to be an astronaut, but had a hard time finding any suits that I could fill out. So I went with the cat, though I wasn't happy about getting my second choice:

Mrrrow.

Cathy was my Halloween buddy this year. In addition to going trick-or-treating with me, she invited me to her killer party.

That's her-- Superwoman.

I successfully bobbed for some apples too. That took a fair amount of time:

Har to poft to fuh bog wike dis.

Just as I was sitting down to blog about Halloween, wouldn't you know it but PaKi and Grandma Mitzi came to visit. They kept me pretty busy with...
Tea time...

Showing them around Philadelphia... (they had never even been!)

Indulging in some tasty BBQ...

Chopping down all sorts of crap in our back yard...

And then riding on said crap...


See? Busy. And THEN, just as I was going to post about all of that, Thanksgiving crept up on me, with the arrival of my Idaho cousins. Well, there was certainly no time to post when there was mayhem to make...
Creating a post-apocalyptic dystopia in my basement...

Scouring the yard for colorful leaves...

Watching light shows in downtown Philly...

Getting dramatic readings from mommy...

And, of course, doing... this?



As soon as they left, darned if it wasn't time to rake leaves. Daddy sure as heck wasn't going to i it...


All of that hard work out in the cold made me sick, along with mommy and ev. Funny, but daddy seemed to be perfectly healthy. Must not be a whole lot of germs up in that law firm of his...

Trust me, he's healthy. His kids, not so much.

And THEN, just as soon as I was feeling better, it was time to make my list for Santa Claus:

It's pretty cool that he stopped in Jenkintown... although we are apparently the center of the universe.

So that, in a nutshell, is why it's been almost two freakin' months since I last posted. But don't worry-- I'm sure the next few weeks will be pretty sedate. I mean, other than flying in Minnesota, ringing in 2008 and celebrating my fifth birthday, I'll have all of the blogging time in the world.

Love,
Eli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home