Tuesday, August 28, 2007

This past weekend, a huge number of relatives poured into Philadelphia for Char the Great's 80th birthday. For the record, it was actually a 320th birthday party for CTG and three other family members. One of the honorees couldn't make it, so I stepped in:

Can you tell which one is the substitute?


The party was quite the intergenerational affair, what with all of the rapidly-aging boomers...

Senility must really be setting in... they can't all look in the same direction, for chrissake!

And the burgeoning Generation X/Y...

But look out-- the young 'uns (i.e. me, Evvy and my cousins from Boise) are crashing your party. You won't be top dog for long... hell, lets just skip over these slackers and move on to us.

Frankly, the actual birthday affair was not the main attraction. With my cousins Andrew, Claire and Mouse staying in Jenkintown, it was one non-stop party. From mealtime...


To the mean streets of J-town (that's me rescuing Mouse from one of those mean streets)...


To the mean couches of J-town...


Oh, and Claire and I got married:

I'm pretty the second-cousin thing is legal in this state. Or at least in the eastern portion of the state. Maybe we should have gone to one of the rural areas to have the ceremony.

Apparently, Daddy and Andrew/Claire/Mouse's mommy had their traditional Boggle showdown after we went to bed. But in a surprise upset, Marge beat them both:

Oh yeah, "mrrrrrow" is a word. What, are you going to challenge me?

Going to my first Philly baseball game tomorrow-- more soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home