Sunday, September 02, 2007

This may be my last post in a while, since my main grammar checker's vacation is coming to an end on Monday and he is about to join the ranks of the employed. Although I am doing my best to pick up the slack:

Me writing a letter to my cousins in Boise. As you can see, I REALLY wanted to emphasize the "with" aspect of the letter.

Within a month or so, I fully expect to be proficient and self-sufficient in the writing department. Although I may still need to dictate to mommy, since my typing skills are lagging a bit.

I've also been forging ahead with my exploration into what I thought were brave new realms of solar system-related art:

My latest.

Then, daddy ran up to the attic and showed me what he was drawing when he was 4. The revelation was shocking:


Daddy, age 4.

I detected some vague similarities in the subject matter, but I think it is pretty clear whose is better. First, I've already graduated to colored pencils, while daddy was stuck in the dark ages of 8-color crayon boxes. Second, he exhibits an obsessive need to put each planet in its own, cloistered box; everyone knows that planets need to run free. Third, where's the shading? Hello! Everyone knows half of a planet is dark at all times! Not to mention the fact that he has three Saturns and no Uranus or Neptune. What a wanker. Give it up, 4-year-old Daddy. You can't hack it.

However, Daddy has shown some recent proficiency in this:

If the whole law thing doesn't work out...

We've all tried to get out a bit in the last few weeks... before daddy "disappears," as he puts it. First we took in a baseball game:

Ev, the Phillies' bullpen and I simultaneously melted down in the eighth inning. They apparently came back to win it after we left.

But the highlight of the last month was our trip to Ye Olde Renaissance Faire. This place was wild with geeks dressed like dorks, but there were some decent activities for yours truly, including playing in a kazoo band...
\

Paying my respects to the Doggie King...


Playing with these stick doohickies...


And working out some Oedipal tension by swordfighting daddy...


Preschool starts in three LONG weeks. Luckily, I already have a friend who lives next door. And she has a sweet swimming pool, so that's an added bonus. More soon!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curses! I totally wanted to go to the Renaissance Faire! But Aaron didn't want to go! Oh, I need kids to drag to these things!

5:11 PM  
Blogger elikaplowitz said...

On behalf of Mommy and Daddy, I wholeheartedly accept-- drag away! How does Saturday, Oct. 27 at 6pm sound? Check your calendar first, but I figured it's far enough in advance that it should work out.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hardeeharhar :) I'm a bit busy that night.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home