Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I got to witness a wee bit o' history this past weekend. At first, there was just a lot of waiting, and frankly, the view sort of sucked:


Then, after 45 minutes or so, the big moment drew near-- here's the view from Daddy's shoulders:


By that point, I had had enough. The conversation went like this:
Me: Daddy...
Daddy: Yeah?
Me: This is BORING.
Daddy: But Eli, our next president is about to come out.
Me: But I want to go home... NOW.


In the end, we stuck around and heard Obama. Something about the middle class, hope, lifting people up out of this financial crisis, creating jobs...


I would have preferred that he pander to my demographic a little bit... maybe throw me some red meat about manned missions to Mars, tax breaks for cat purchases, government subsidies for drawing mazes... stuff like that. I might write him a letter or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home