Tuesday, January 24, 2006

These past few days I've been making some serious headway in my goal of identifying all of our 50 states by shape. I'm doing quite well in the Far West, Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, though I'm polling a bit weaker in the deep South and New England. So far, Texas is my favorite state-- it's nice and bulky, really anchoring our southern border. I'm also a big fan of Yew Nork, with its pleasing triangular shape. I'm a bit annoyed by mom and dad's efforts to confuse me by reversing the first letters of that state's name. However, this has not chilled my desire to one day visit the crown jewel of that state, Yew Nork City. While we're on the west coast this summer, I'd also like to visit Alaska and Hawaii, which are conveniently located in little boxes just off shore.


Wisconsin is apparently afflicted with a giant piece of cheese which covers 2/5 of the state...

Once I've nailed down the shapes, I expect to move on to identifying every state by color. For some reason, they're all either red or blue. Go figure. I'd really like to make Texas pink, and I hope the residents of that fine state will go along with it.

After that's taken care of, I expect to memorize each state's motto, insect and age-of-consent laws.

Ha ha, just kidding there. Mottos are dumb.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew, i think it's great that eli's got such a great sense of humor. particularly since his dad's sense of humor sucks.

(ok, this is supposed to be funny b/c of the fact that i assume josh is responsible for some fair percentage of this blogging.)

(the fact that i have to explain my comment is why i'm posting anonymously.)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Mama said...

That's right, Eli. Texas IS the best state in the union!! You should pack up and leave the parents behind (who needs 'em?), move to Texas, and get one of those bumper stickers that says "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could." It would look great on a backpack. If you need a place to stay, I bet you could live with Gran and Granddad.

Ava

6:56 PM  
Blogger elikaplowitz said...

Sounds good, as long as the locals are OK with the fact that I do intend to "mess" with Texas.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home